PRIMEX has assisted the European Commission (EC) Delegation in the Philippines in the field monitoring of its Food Facility-funded projects and activities across the country, which were implemented by various partners.
Findings and recommendations resulting from the monitoring were submitted to EC last October 2011 by PRIMEX’s international consultant, Mr. Reynaldo de Sagun.
Mr. de Sagun’s field monitoring consisted of discussions with project beneficiaries and project managers of implementing partners nationwide, including the following:
- Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) for its Food Production Assistance for Vulnerable Sectors (FPAVAS);
- Plan International, which implemented the productive capacity improvement of civil society groups in the Philippine agricultural sector and establishment of safety net measures against volatile food prices;
- Care International, which implemented the Making Safe Food Available and Accessible to Rural Poor Households in the Philippines Project;
- International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) for its Rapid Food Production Enhancement Project;
- GIZ, which implemented the EFOS Project in Leyte and Southern Leyte;
- World Food Program (WPF) with projects in support of conflict-affected populations in Mindanao and expansion of food-for-assets activities and establishment of vulnerability assessment mapping capacity at the national level;
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), which has a project on Increasing Rice Yield and Productivity through promotion of on-farm water management and small-scale irrigation in rainfed areas; and
- Agriterra, which implemented the Farmers and Fisherfolk for Food Project.